Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ice Cream Chefs @ 520 East Coast Road #01-06 Ocean Park

Here's something for dessert lovers.

Introducing, Ice Cream Chefs!



It is not an easy place to locate. A rather 'ulu' place to find. But if you walk along the long stretch of East Coast Road, the prominent landmark would be St Patrick's Sec School. Once you see the Ocean Park sign, you're there!



Apparently, Ice Cream Chefs is rather highly acclaimed by foodies from the Press as well.



Once my friend and I entered the little ice-cream parlor, it felt like home. It had this friendly and homely vibes about it that relaxed me almost immediately.



The staffs were friendly and greeted us cheerfully. I had difficulty choosing what flavors to go for as all their ice-cream flavors looked yummy and they had so many toppings to choose from! The staffs never rushed me and left me alone to make my choice. They attended to me with a smile once I had made up my mind. Thumbs up for their customer service.




Just look at the variety of toppings you can choose from!



I eventually went for Mrs Smith ( apple flavor) with Wafer Crisp as topping. After my friend and I made our choices, the staff began to mix our ice-cream on their special 'Ice Pan'.





Apparently by mixing the ice-cream with your topping this way, it will give your ice-cream that extra crunch and flavor as the toppings blend in nicely with the ice-cream. This is becoming quite a common thing to do for ice-cream nowadays, instead of just sprinkling the toppings on top of the ice-cream.

Here is my Mrs Smith with Wafer Crisp topping.



While Ice Cream Chefs doesn't have as much variety as compared to some other ice-cream parlors, I would say that they make some really smooth and flavorful ice-cream. Very interesting choices of flavors that will make it difficult for you to make a choice. With interesting flavors such as Kaya Lotee, Milo Peng, Berries Kiwi Fuzz (their trademark), it is a tough choice!

I went with my gut feeling and chose Mrs Smith flavor. The green color of Mrs Smith flavor appealed to me as well. It certainly didn't disappoint. The apple flavor was really refreshing to consume on a hot afternoon. The hint of cinnamon taste in it was a nice touch too. The wafer crisps were well mixed into the ice-cream to give a nice crunch to it. I'm not one who takes very sweet savory stuff. This was just right for me. Just the right amount of sweetness that didn't overwhelm my taste buds.

While the roughly 3 bucks a scoop price may seem a little steep for some (apologies, I have forgotten the exact prices!), the smooth ice-cream with good mix is quite worth every cent, in my opinion. What's more, you get to sit in the cosy venue for as long as you want, without having the staff pressuring to leave, even after you have long finished your ice-cream.

A look at the comfortable and cosy seating area.





Those stuff stuck on the wall are the many pictures of satisfied customers who enjoyed hanging out at Ice Cream Chefs.



You may choose to sit outside, alfresco style too.



If you are around East Coast Road or live around the vicinity, Ice Cream Chefs is certainly a great place to hang out with your friends at. There is nothing more satisfying than having good ice-cream on a warm and lazy afternoon!



2 comments:

  1. would you somehow remember their opening hours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mon to Thur:
    1pm to 10pm

    Fri to Sun and eve of PH:
    1pm to 11pm

    Their website:
    www.icecreamchefs.com

    Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete