Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Kopi & Tea Cafe @ Park Lane #01-05

Inside the often forgotten and old Park Lane Shopping Centre, lies a humble little coffee shop near the entrance of the mall, Kopi & Tea Cafe.

Note: Do not confuse this place with the popular 'Park Lane Fried Wanton Mee' stall, which sells lousy wanton noodles ever since they opened more branches.

The Kopi & Tea Cafe stall sells quite a variety of dishes, but you will be quick to notice that everyone orders the wanton noodles.There must be a good reason for that, of course.



Wanton noodles

I would recommend to order the noodles with both the soup and fried wantons. Especially the fried ones. The fried wantons were very crispy but didn't feel oily at all. I could even hear the crunch from the wanton skin as I sank my teeth into the fried wantons! The soup wantons were good too. Soft and fragrant.

The noodles came with a generous helping of vegetables, which was very much welcomed. Most stalls give you miserable amounts of vegetables, you'd feel unhealthy just looking at the plate of noodles. But no such problems here. Remember to eat your greens!

The Char Siew (roasted pork) was thick and tender. None of the dry and tough to chew crap you often get from wanton noodles stalls.

Now for the most important part of this dish. The noodles. I went for the non-spicy version of the noodles, as I usually don't like to have any chili numbing my taste buds. I like to taste the original taste of my food. Noodles were served in tasty sauce. Not too blend, neither was it too salty. Cooking wanton noodles requires more skill as the nature of the noodles is that they overcook easily. The noodles here were cooked to perfection. Chewy and not overcooked. The sauce was not too oily too.

This is exactly why I always drop by for a plate of this whenever I am around the Dhoby Ghaut vicinity!

PS: Order the home made barley drink. Goes well with the wanton noodles.

2 comments:

  1. wah piangs remind mi of my sch daes in nafa. the gd old wanton mee. Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go eat this wanton mee and relive your nafa days! hehe

    ReplyDelete